PLEXSYS is seeking qualified System and Simulator Engineer candidates to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program as a Simulator Common Architecture Requirements and Standards (SCARS) Engineer.
At PLEXSYS, our teams design, build and deliver Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) innovation and training solutions to customers around the world. With over 200 employees in nine states and four foreign countries, we contribute our success to enabling better training…everyday…across the globe.
As an employee of PLEXSYS, you’ll find a culture that empowers you to achieve your professional objectives, give your personal best, and work with other highly passionate individuals. Our core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork and agility drive our daily decisions, identify our focus areas, and inspire our organizational culture.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the SCARS effort as part of the AFMS3 2.0 Program at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The U.S. Air Force uses high-end simulators to maintain combat crew mission readiness. The SCARS initiative is creating a common architecture for 40 unique simulator baselines to provide streamlined cyber-hardening, affordable upgrades that stay current with the fielded weapon systems, and simplified introduction of new technologies through a robust and well-defined common system architecture. The SCARS Engineer will:
- Draft plans and procedures that govern interim SCARS processes.
- Participate in regular SCARS Engineering Capabilities Board (SECB) meetings by attendance, preparing, presenting and reviewing briefings, providing feedback to government representatives, responding to action items, and executing follow-up tasks. Support the Government SECB Chairperson in all SECB-sanctioned and directed activities as required.
- Draft and review requirements and standards that lend to the advancement of the SCARS initiative and submit as directed by the Government.
- Support technical management activities in execution of SCARS requirements and SECB directives with SCARS Partners and Affiliate Sponsors and contractors
- Establish and execute an Agile approach to quickly provide recommendations during the SCARS source selection, including fact finding questions and technical evaluations.
- Support SCARS acquisition activities including SCARS Prime, SCARS Partner, and Affiliate Sponsor contracts and contract modifications. These activities include:
- Developing SCARS program roadmaps.
- Preparing and presenting program and technical briefings to stakeholders.
- Coordinating SCARS requirements with SCARS Partners and Affiliate Sponsor program representatives.
- Evaluating SCARS site readiness based on technical drawings and site survey data to support phased program planning and execution.
- Define and coordinate the technical scope for individual SCARS initiatives through RFP-ready documents and support all acquisition activities as directed by the Government.
- Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SCARS enterprise wide Remote Scanning.
- Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SECB-determined projects.
- Prepare all technical documentation and manage all activities necessary to support the Government issuance of RFPs for SCARS Partner and Affiliate Modeling Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Track and provide status reports of SECB planned projects, including proposed capability and applicable implementation plans.
- Coordinate SCARS initiatives within the simulation and Open Architecture industries.
- Organize and conduct working groups, collaboration activities, and potential industry engagements to communicate, promote, and evolve SCARS initiatives and concepts.
- Establish an Air Force SCARS presence within the simulation community through regular interactions with the other Uniformed Services, industry, and academia.
- Coordinate SCARS initiatives within the simulation and security industries. Organize and conduct working groups, collaboration activities, and industry days to communicate, promote, and evolve SCARS security initiatives and concepts.
- Establish an Air Force SCARS presence with the simulation security community through regular interactions with the other Uniformed Services, Authorizing officials, and industry.
- Experience: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD and nine (9) years or more experience, or relevant years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 5 Years DoD Experience.
- Possess, or have the ability to obtain/maintain, a Secret security clearance.
- Experience with Air Force or DOD acquisitions, program planning, and coordination.
- Live, Virtual, and/or Constructive Modeling/Simulation experience.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), SysML and Digital Engineering (DE) experience.
- Cyber security experience.
- Cameo System Modeler software.
- Working knowledge of DoD and AF Assessment and Authorization policies.
- Knowledge and experience with Wide Area Network technology and operations..
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Benefits
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays, Military Leave, and Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with eligibility from first day of employment
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
As a PLEXSYS employee, you can expect certain advantages; such as advancement based on performance, competitive wages, valuable benefits and a great working environment. Our team is committed to ensuring an environment that empowers individuals to realize their full potential by providing opportunities and necessary support to achieve personal and professional goals.